Amazon is one of the largest and most well-known companies in the world. They offer quick service, a vast selection of products, and fair prices on just about everything they sell. This level of service doesn’t mean that they get off free if one of their delivery drivers is involved in an accident. Their emphasis on quick delivery can cause unnecessary accidents that can lead to serious injuries or death.
If you or a loved one has been injured due to a driver’s negligence, you need to know the steps you should take and information about being involved in a trucking accident with an Amazon delivery driver.
Amazon Delivery Accidents
Amazon is a major supplier that ships thousands of deliveries every day across the United States. This service expectation may mean that delivery drivers might have unrealistic goals to get packages to their destinations on time. Amazon is famous for its two-day Prime delivery, and getting items to arrive on time is vital to the company. With shipping demands increasing due to the number of online orders, the likelihood of you being injured in a trucking accident has also increased. If you’ve been injured in an Amazon delivery accident, you may have the right to file a compensation claim.
Can I File a Claim If I’m Involved in an Accident?
If you’ve been injured in an accident with an Amazon delivery driver, you should contact an attorney about filing a personal injury claim. These claims can be complicated since outside contractors and companies employ many Amazon delivery drivers. These companies usually have a contract with Amazon, meaning that Amazon is the only company they work for with deliveries. This contract may make them liable for injuries or damages that occurred while on the clock.
Sometimes, the driver’s company may be held liable for their drivers’ actions, and sometimes Amazon itself may be held liable. The laws and stipulations surrounding a trucking accident are complex and can be daunting if you’re unsure what you’re facing. This complexity doesn’t mean that you can’t file a claim against Amazon. It just means that having an experienced attorney on your side may be helpful.
Amazing Accident Risk Factors
Unique circumstances surround accidents involving delivery vehicles. Several things may or may not contribute to an accident, and some are issues that may be completely avoidable. Here are some of the factors that may lead to an accident:
- Lack of Sleep. Free two-day delivery means that items need to get to their location quickly. This expedition of delivery expectation can cause drivers to perform for extended periods, leading to exhaustion.
- Health Problems. Being behind the wheel of a delivery vehicle can cause several health issues in itself, leading to accidents. Some risk factors include fatigue, increased likelihood of obesity, depression, and dependence on caffeine and other stimulants. These factors may stem from, or be attributed to, elevated blood pressure, high blood sugar, and stress.
- Substance Abuse. Just like any other job, there may be an employee who has a substance abuse disorder. Being under the influence of any kind may increase the likelihood of an accident.
Determining Fault for an Amazon Truck Accident
Getting into an accident can cause severe injuries, resulting in lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Determining who was at fault will help you or the team at Alvarez Law assess your right to a claim. If the driver of the Amazon vehicle was largely or wholly at fault, you have the right to file a claim. A highly trained attorney can efficiently and effectively obtain evidence, negotiate a settlement, and present your case to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Ways To Prevent an Accident
Delivery and commercial vehicles are some of the largest, heaviest vehicles on the road. Special care should be taken when operating one to help prevent an accident. As a driver, you can also take steps to keep you and your family safe on the road.
- Pay attention. When on an unfamiliar road, be cautious of others on the road and where you’re heading. Many Amazon vehicles are likely going to a new location for the first time, so try to keep that in mind.
- Don’t drive tired. Fatigue can cause drivers to fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Don’t speed. Speed limits are in place for a reason, and that’s to keep you and the drivers around you safe. A large vehicle traveling at excessive speeds is a danger to everyone on the road.
- Eliminate distractions. These include doing things such as eating and drinking, talking on the phone, or texting.
Delivery drivers should follow the regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. These rules are written to address truck safety, driver health, drug and alcohol testing, weight limits, and hours of service. If a driver acts negligently and doesn’t follow these rules, it could lead to an accident. If you’ve been injured in an accident, reach out to our team at Alvarez Law today.
Truck Accident Lawyer
Not all accidents are preventable. That’s where Alvarez Law can help. Being injured in a trucking accident can cause serious injuries or even death, and having an attorney on your side can help make filing your claim easier. We will do the work for you so that you can focus on your recovery. If you or a member of your family has been injured in an accident with Amazon, reach out to us today. At Alvarez Law, our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to providing you with the representation you deserve and get you the compensation you’re owed.
Reach Out to Alvarez Law Today
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident with an Amazon delivery driver and need a lawyer, reach out to our knowledgeable team at Alvarez Law today. We have several locations throughout Indiana and Illinois and proudly represent clients from all over the country. You can reach us by phone at 866-4-ALVAREZ or contact us online through our convenient messaging system. A member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible. Alvarez Law is here to get you the compensation you deserve.